Call for Abstracts
The symposium invites abstracts from Ph.D. and M.Tech.(Res.) (formerly M.Sc.(Engg)) research students in their final year, i.e., students expecting to finish in the calendar year 2016) from the departments of CDS, CSA, ECE, EE, or ESE. Students will be nominated by their advisor. Ph.D. students will be able to give a brief oral presentation of their research in about 15 minutes, along with a poster presentation during the Alumni reception. M.Tech.(Res.) students will present just their poster.
Nominated M.Tech.(Res.) and Ph.D. students should upload their extended abstract in plain text, limited to 250 words, along with the poster to be presented in PDF format. Further, Ph.D. students should submit their oral presentation slides in PDF format. Students are limited to 10 mins for their presentation. Submissions will be reviewed and suggestions for improvements will be provided by the reviewers. Students should incorporate this feedback and upload a final version of the abstract, poster and slides. These final versions will be available as part of the online proceedings. Incomplete submissions are liable to be rejected at the review or final stage.
The submission should be done with the approval of the student's supervisor. Students must include their supervisor as the last author in their submissions.
- Students should keep the audience in mind (students and faculty from the Electrical Sciences Division) and pitch their presentation at an appropriate level.
- Students making oral presentation are limited to 10mins and 2mins for questions. Treat these as lightning talks and cover just the highlights -- Context, contribution, problem/hypothesis, proposed solution, validation/results, future work. Invite the audience to your poster or to read your publications for more details. We recommend about 6-7 slides.
- Guidelines on how to give a technical talk to a broad technical audience is available here. (Courtesy: Chris Godsil)
Poster Specifications:A0 portrait form with ¾ inch margin on the sides and 1 inch margin on the top/bottom.
Please submit your abstracts here.
- Nominations of students by faculty advisors : March 10th, 2017
- Submissions of abstracts, posters (by MTech(Res) and PhD students) and slides (by PhD students) : March 24th, 2017
- Reviews: March 27th, 2017
- Submission of final abstracts, posters (by MTech(Res) and PhD Students) and slides (by PhD Students): April 1st, 2017