- Vikas' paper on "Revisiting and Optimizing the Design of the Timer-Based Distributed Selection Scheme for Tackling Imperfect Power Control" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. on Wireless Commun., 2017
- Vineeth's paper on "Base Station-Side Rate Estimation for Threshold-Based Feedback, and Design Implications in Multi-User OFDM Systems" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. on Wireless Commun., 2017
- Priyanka's paper on "Rate-Optimal Relay Selection for Average Interference-Constrained Underlay CR" to appear in IEEE Trans. on Commun., 2017
- Sarvendranath's paper on "Optimal Transmit Antenna Selection Rule for Interference-Outage Constrained Underlay CR" has been accepted in IEEE Globecom, 2017
- Sarvendranath R receives Sheshgiri M. Kaikini and Krishna S. Kaikini scholarship in Engineering, 2017
- Reneeta Sara Isaac awarded Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (QInF) India, 2017
These are exciting times in the field of wireless research. Wireless communications now affects all our lives in multiple ways, the common examples being cellular phones, wireless local area networks, back haul microwave links, etc. Wireless technology is expanding at a rapid pace, and is now finding several more applications such as in wireless sensor networks, factory automation, vehicular communication, personal area networks, body area networks, etc.
The current research work in the lab focuses on performance analysis and design of next generation cellular mobile radio systems such as LTE, wireless system and protocol design for energy harvesting wireless sensor networks, cognitive radio, cooperative communications, multiple antenna systems, and interference modeling.