- B.Tech Electrical Engg., I.I.T. Delhi, 1978;
- Ph.D Electrical and Computer Engg, Carnegie Mellon University, 1984;
- Chairman, Electrical Communication Engg., IISc, July 2007- November 2011;
- Professor, Electrical Communication Engg., IISc, March 2000- ;
- Associate Professor, Electrical Communication Engg., IISc, August 1997- Feb. 2000 ;
- Associate Professor, Electrical Engg, IISc, January 1994- August 1997;
- Assistant Professor, Electrical Engg, IISc, January 1988- December 1993;
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Communication Engg, Northeastern University, January 1984- July 1985;
- Visiting faculty, Electrical Engg, University of California, Los Angeles, August 1985- December 1987;
- University of Michigan, May, 2016 - July, 2016;
- Syracuse University, January, 2016 - April, 2016;
- Carnegie Mellon University, September, 2015 - December, 2015;
- Univ. of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 12 June, 2006 - 5 September, 2006;
- EURANDOM, 12 March, 2006 - 10 June, 2006;
- IIT Delhi, India, 10 January, 2006 - 10 March, 2006;
- INRIA, Sofia Antipolis, France, 15 October 2005 - 10 January, 2006;
- Tokyo University of Science, May 2005- June 2005;
- Institut Mittag-Leffeler, (Royal Academy of Sciences,
Sweden), September 2004- October 2004 as an invited Mathematician to participate in a scientific program;
- Helsinki University of Technology, September 1998- June
- INRS, Montreal, July 1995- December 1995;
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- IISc TATACHEM chair Professorship 2018-2021.
- Delivered IISc Institute Colloquium in March, 2018.
- Prof. Rustom Choksi award for excellence in research, IISc, 2017.
- Elected Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE).
- ACCS-CDAC Foundation Award, 2012.
- Best paper award in National Communications Conference (NCC), 2010.
- Plenary talk at National Communications Conference (NCC), 2009.
- Fellow of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (IETE),India.
- Senior Member, IEEE
- General Co-chair, SPCOM 2012, 2010, 2004, NCC 2004.
- Communication and Computer Networks
- Wireless Communication
- Sensor Networks
- Queueing Theory
- Information Theory
- Statistical Estimation Theory
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Stochastic Processes and Queueing Theory
- Communications Networks
- Adaptive Signal Processing
- Estimation, Identification and Control
- Information Theory
- Udaya Sankar, Ph.D
- Krishna Chaitanya, Ph. D
- Shahid Mehraj Shah, Ph. D
- V. Satya Kumar, Ph. D
- Sudheer M Poojary, Ph. D
- Nischal.S, MSc.
- Prashanth , MSc.
- Sahasranand K R, MSc.
- Santanu Mondal, MSc.
Title: Queued cooperative wireless networks configuration using rateless codes.
Patent : US
Publication no: 8,432,848
Publication date: April 30, 2013
Inventors: Neelesh B. Mehta, Vinod Sharma, Gaurav Bansal
SPONSORED PROJECTS AND INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY
- Co-investigator of the project, Providing Quality of Service in Hierarchical Adhoc Multihop
Wireless Networks with Multiple Radios, DRDO, 2014-2018 (Rs. 50.00 Lakhs).
- Principal Investigator of Frame Work for External QoS Management for 4G Wireless Base Stations, Central Research Laboratory
Bharat Electronics Ltd, 08 months, (Rs. 9,80,000 Lakhs).
- Co-investigator of the project, Intelligent CR system design in
interference limited environment, ANRC, 2012 - 2015, ($2,40,000).
- Co-investigator of the project, Green wireless sensor network, ANRC, 2012-2014, ($1,50,000).
- Principal Investigator of Spectrum Sensing, Spectrum Management
and Resource Allocation for Cognitive Radio, DEAL-DRDO, 2011 - 2013,
(Rs. 90.28 Lakhs).
- Co-investigator of project, Development of Spectrally Efficient
Communication Link Using Large-MIMO Technology, DEAL, 03 Sep,2010 - 2
Sep, 2013, (143.5 Lakhs)
- Principal Investigator of Cognitive Radio Networks for Broadband Wireless Access - Phase I, MCIT 2010 - 2011, (Rs. 95 Lakhs).
- Co-investigator of project, Fundamental Physical layer aspects of Cognitive Radio, ANRC, 2008 - 2012, (Rs. 130 Lakhs).
- Co-investigator of project, Energy-Budget Allocation and
wireless system design for Aeroplane deployment of Energy-harvesting
sensors, Boeing Corporation, USA, April 2008 - 2012, (Rs. 140 Lakhs).
- Principal investigator of the project,Providing QoS to real and
non-real time applications over WiMAX networks, sponsored by Ministry
of Communications and Information Technology, Govt. of India, December
2008 - December 2012, (Rs. 132.30 lakhs).
- Convenor of continued program on Advanced research in
Mathematical Engineering, Sponsored by Defence Research and Development
Organisation (DRDO), Govt. of India, Sept 2006 - August 2011, (Rs. 387
- Principal investigator of the project, Studies on Adaptive
Signal Processing Techniques for Mitigation of Interferences in a GPS
Receiver, sponsored by Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS), Dept of DRDO,
Govt. of India, November 2004- May 2006.
- Co-investigator of project, Design of QoS algorithms for WLANs
based on the IEEE 802.11e standards, sponsored by Intel 2005-2006.
- Principal investigator (at IISc) of project, Establishment of a
nation widequality of service network testbed, sponsored by Ministry of
and Information Technology, Govt. of India, April 2004-April 2007.
- Advanced research in Mathematical
Engineering. Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Govt. of India. Rs.2.22 Crores, 2001-2006.
- Modelling and Analysis of cellular mobile communication
systems, Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, Rs.5.5 lakhs
- Performance analysis of TCP/IP over ATM & Sonet networks, Northern Telecom(USA), Rs.15 lakhs 1998-99.
- End to end quality of service evaluation in ATM networks, Northern Telecom(USA),
Rs.13 lakhs, 1997-1998.
- Performance analysis and congestion control in high speed networks, ISRO, Rs.2 lakhs, 1993-1995.
- Performance analysis of a call processing architecture of ITI's XD-90 switch, Indian Telephone Industries, 1994-96.
- Stability and continuity analysis of computer networks with non
stationary and non independant input traffic, ISRO, Rs.3 lakhs,